Arquette: Changing the world one pound at a time

Arquette: Changing the world one pound at a time
21/08/2006 12:00:00 AM

(KP International) - Patricia Arquette refused to bow to industry pressure when she was asked to lose some residual pregnancy weight for her role as a physic mother of three on NBC's Medium.

"When I started Medium I'd gained a stone and a half [about 21 lbs] from having my daughter Harlow. The producer said, 'Honey, you've got to lose some weight,'" explained the True Romance star. "I felt like saying, 'I don't want to do this job then,' because, to be honest with you, I'm trying to make little changes in the world. If it made any sense for this part - if this part was a supermodel or anorexic - then okay. But DuBois is a mother of three in a long-term marriage. It doesn't make sense."

Arquette reprises her role as paranormal expert Allison DuBois for the third season of Medium, which moves to Sundays at 10pm ET on NBC this fall.

No comments: