Rap community K-Fed-up

Rap community K-Fed-up
24/08/2006 12:00:00 AM

(KP International) The rap and hip hop community has yet to accept wannabe rapper Kevin Federline as a serious artist, and no doubt his debut performance on Sunday's (August 20) Teen Choice Awards didn't help.

K-Fed was pleased with his performance, telling People magazine, "I'm happy. I think I pulled it off pretty well. [But] I'm overly critical of myself."

According to big names in the hip hop magazine world, the PopoZao singer didn't PopoWow anyone. "I think we ignore him," said Elliot Wilson, editor-in-chief of XXL magazine. "He's a joke, basically. I just don't think he gets it. He doesn't get that he's Britney's man and it's hard to take him seriously."

Jermaine Hall, executive editor of King magazine, had similar thoughts: "The thing that really hurts him is the fact that he's perceived as Britney's husband. You know, kinda like Britney's second I don't even want to say second in command, but he's like the Britney Boy. He's like Mr Spears, and it's kinda hard to get over that perception."

No comments: