Scrubs star pops the question

Scrubs star pops the question
21/08/2006 12:00:00 AM

CALIFORNIA (KP International) - John C McGinley, the actor who plays Dr Perry Cox on the TV sitcom Scrubs, proposed to his girlfriend Nichole Kessler over the weekend.

"At about 9:30 this morning I asked Nicole to come down to the lower part of the garden with me in Malibu. I wanted to show her some different flower ideas I had. And I had the rock in my pocket," McGinley said to People magazine while walking the red carpet before the Creative Arts Emmys in Los Angeles on Saturday (August 19).

McGinley proved to be a romantic with the rocks on the ring symbolizing various sentiments: "I wanted it to be a big rock in the middle, which is Nicole because she is the rock in this relationship. And then on either side of that diamond, I put a carat, and that represents me and my son, Max. The other stones represent the kids to come."

Kessler, who is a yoga teacher and 13 years his junior, was quick to reply. "I instantly said yes," she said. "And then I think I was speechless for about five minutes after John told me what the diamonds meant. I was just in tears and just beside myself. I'm still beside myself."

No comments: