Interview: Richard On of O.A.R.

Interview: Richard On of O.A.R.

January 18, 2007 01:24 PM
by Christina Fuoco
LiveDaily Contributor

O.A.R. guitarist Richard On speaks openly about his band and its success with the album "Stories of a Stranger," but there's one thing the Ohio State University alum won't discuss: his Buckeyes' stunning 41-14 Bowl Championship Series loss against Florida.

"That was terrible. I don't even want to talk about it. Thank you for your condolences," On said.

On a lighter note, O.A.R. is heading out on its winter tour, kicking off tonight (1/18) in Cincinnati, OH, in support of 2005's Jerry Harrison-produced "Stories of a Stranger." The album spawned O.A.R.'s biggest radio hit, "Love and Memories," co-written with hitmaker Glen Ballard (Alanis Morissette, Christina Aguilera). On admits he was initially taken aback when Ballard initially approached him.

"I met him at the House of Blues one time when we played in LA," On recalled. "I really didn't know who he was. [When] I first saw him, he had this beard--I was like, 'Who is this guy walking around backstage?' I didn't know who he was and he wasn't with our crew. He stopped me in the middle of the hallway and he's like, 'We have to work together. I totally get what you guys are doing.'

"I still had no idea who he was. I thought he was a crazy guy that was roaming the streets of LA. I was like, 'What is he talking about?' I finally found out who he was, and I was like, 'Holy s---. I know who you are.

Read the full Interview

No comments: